One on One Executive Coaching in My Client's Own Words
- In My Client's Own Words
Using private, confidential, one on one executive coaching, you will make progress in two areas. The first is in addressing your professional and leadership priorities. The second, equally important,
is simply in navigating all
the complexities of “life.”
My mission is to help you make
the changes needed to live a more workable, less stressed and more satisfied
life, at the same time as you
work on professional and organizational objectives.
though you are a leader, executive or senior-level professional, you have a whole other life that
most don't see, and it needs attention just the same as you are giving any professional
development goals. Of what value is being wildly successful at work and in
business if you lose at life?
Leadership and Professional Goals
What follows is an extremely small sampling of reasons leaders
and professionals have worked with me. Here’s what they have said, in their own words:
- I need someone to coach me
and to hold me accountable as I set goals so I can
follow through on them and keep them.
- Teach me to communicate with
the power people and understand what is not being said (read between the
- I think I can take this
company a lot farther. I need a sounding board.
- We desperately need the clarity and momentum you talk about.
- Imposter syndrome creeps in, and I feel in over my head.
- Help me to put systems in
place so I am not always ‘fighting fires.'
- It’s a great organization
but it’s stuck. The leadership is stuck. The staff is
stuck. We’ve got to break out of this.
- Be a better manager of my
- I need help in making a
smooth transition of leadership.
- I need help to overcome
the hurdles of this new position.
- I need more confidence with reading individuals and situations in real time.
- Help me find that elusive time to take care of myself.
- I’ve got to get my vision in
front of people but the crisis just keep coming.
- I feel conflicted about giving focused attention to my own work versus being available to my team.
- Develop some thinking and
action tools to get me on track and stay there.
- I need a new direction
in my business life.
- I am moving into
uncharted waters for me and the organization. I need
a sounding board to spur me on, give me advice and ask me hard questions.
- I need someone to help me
make the right decisions regarding future choices.
- I am in a high pressure, high stakes position that is new. I need help moving forward.
- I want to feel more "on top" of things versus the feeling like I am holding on for dear life.
Important Life Priorities
clients bring “real-time” concerns they want to address, the everyday stuff of
leadership. They also bring
“long-game” priorities they’d like to be living out in daily life.
don’t generally have a “solution” that can be implemented in one
day. It requires longer
term intentionality and effort. The leader, the person, is under construction or in renovation. There's a lot of work going on. For a while it's messy, but steadily it emerges as something new and better.
Here are some examples, in my client’s own words.
- Being more
confident when with others
- Being the best spouse, I can be
- My objective is to achieve a reasonable balance. I want to do my job well, but with sufficient energy left over for family, faith etc
with the tough things that seem to keep happening
- Personal care has been an issue since I became CEO. It is simply a 24/7 position.
- Handling criticism and feedback to get maximum advantage
better relationships with friends
self-esteem and confidence
- Being more intent about living
out my faith
focused on home life
- Helping my
- Setting new
standards and protecting my
teenagers by clear boundaries
- Making big
life decisions that really contribute to a life well-lived
- I no longer have clarity on why I am doing what I do professionally (besides the occupation,) and it takes a ton of my resources. I really need to redefine a few priorities here.
- Dealing positively with stressors in my life
forward after this loss
for life after my formal working career
- I seem to need to talk and marinate a lot to get to the heart of an issue.
be clear. I’m
not the definitive expert on all these topics. But I am an executive coach, so I
do know how to have a fruitful
conversation with you around
them. The outcome can be fresh insight and a forward moving plan of action for you.
Sometimes one conversation can change
everything. That's the power of one on one executive coaching.
Significant Life Goals
- I want to
learn to be able to risk in relationships and learn how to be close to
- For a
sounding board to help me get some objectivity and help with burnout.
- To discover
and ask the hard questions. I sense I can be accomplishing more.
- To help me
make amends and begin to rebuild.
- Help me
find and take that elusive time for myself.
- I'm going through a period of personal revival.
- Peace with
other people. I seem constantly to be having battles.
- I want to
have a strategy for putting boundaries in place.
- I've hurt
my wife, family, church. How do I recover from
- Assist me
in identifying my real, life goals.
- I'd like my
life to be fuller. I'm bored with the routine.
- How to
spend quality time with my daughter.
- I need to develop a longer term personal and family plan (in conjunction with my spouse) that effectively reflects a balanced set of priorities.
- I need some
perspective on issues in my life.
- My children
and husband need to experience life with me by their side uninterrupted.
- Help me
- My wife needs me to show up differently than I have in these past few years.
In our one to one executive
coaching meeting, you can bring any topic to
the table. I’ll provide an objective sounding board and the key questions
to help you think it through and find new ways of thinking, adjusting and
taking actions to live life to the full.
To read further comments from my business leadership coaching clients in their own words, click here.
One on One Executive Coaching
Executive coaching priorities vary. Whether for yourself, key individuals or a high-value team, my engagements are designed to build and hone personal, work and leadership assets. I listen carefully to what each individual wants and needs in order to successfully move forward.
Through our work together, you will advance personal and work priorities with greater effectiveness, less stress and more satisfaction.
© G.E.Wood and Associates. All Rights Reserved in all media.
G.E. Wood and Associates is an international coaching firm registered in Ontario, Canada
142 Pratt Crescent, Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada, P1P 1P5